Thursday, August 4, 2011

Update

Well, we had to go back to the doctor with Blaise today. He finished his course of antibiotics last night, and this morning he woke up with a 101.7 fever. The poor little guy has been very clingy and just wants to be held all the time. In the clinic, we were able to see the same person that saw him on Monday, and she said not only does his ear look worse, but now his other ear is infected too. They are also concerned that Blaise may become dehydrated because he hasn't been drinking as much as usual and has very few wet diapers (he's not eating solid food at all). So, today he will be starting a 10-day course of a new antibiotic. We are trying our best to push fluids for him. We are praying this antibiotic will work! We hate having him on so many medications at such a young age.

In addition, I now have an eye infection that they're guessing is all related to whatever else has been going around the house. I was also prescribed an eye antibiotic. The worst part of that is that I have to wear my glasses instead of my contacts... :/ Oh well, I can't complain when I see what my poor boys are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment