Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting Out!

This last week, we have been extremely fortunate to have temperatures 30-40 degrees above normal for this time of year.  Damien, Blaise, Mary, and I have been trying to get outside daily to take advantage of the temperatures, which have been in the upper 70s to low 80s. This has been a new experience for me, because I'm trying to learn how to be outside safely and comfortably with three kids.  We have taken a couple walks to the grocery store this week, and it's worked okay to have Blaise and Mary in the stroller and have Damien walk with me (or ahead of me or behind me--you get the picture). It's a little difficult to manage Damien in the store, but he seems to do better if he gets to hold a basket and put some groceries in it.  Hopefully I'll learn more little tricks in the future.

On Wednesday (3/14), I braved meeting a friend at the zoo (Mary's first time!).  There is no path (aka sidewalk) for Damien to follow, and there's a lot more people, so I had to keep Damien in the stroller.  This is how we managed:

In other news, today I was able to capture the first photos of Mary smiling! Here they are...



Well, the boys are up from their naps (actually Blaise is up from his nap, and Damien, who didn't nap, is ready to be done with his quiet time)!  Hopefully I can stay a little more up-to-date on here in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment